Southern New Jersey Section EmComm

Share EmComm: Ideas; Problems; Solutions & Questions -- Section-wide & Beyond

This forum is open to anyone, anywhere.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/27/2021 10:39 am  #1

Week #8 Winlink Check-in Form

GM, Operators.

It’s been recommended that we circle back for newcomers to the net every now and then. That’s what we’re going to do this week.

Please use a regular Winlink email to check in with the usual information: Callsign, Name, Town, County (or State if you’re outside NJ), and which Winlink mode you’re using (VARA, ARDOP, Packet. Telnet, etc…)

And….
Please include the HF band or VHF node that you’re using.

And finally….

Please answer the following question: Would you like to use the Winlink Net Check In form for a future net? `(It’s in the General tab of the Winlink Templates, all the way at the bottom)

The reason I ask is this: I can see the form being useful in an area that has a fair number of VHF nodes, but not as much where HF is predominant. Southern New Jersey only has two active VHF nodes that I know of, and their coverage is somewhat limited in the “section-wide” sense. That’s the practical side of things. Or we could use the form just to use it, for fun and something different.
Please share your thoughts on the topic in the body of your Winlink email check in.

Please send your check ins to: SNJWW

As always…. Telnet check ins are completely acceptable if RF is not an option.

Just FYI: I use ARDOP on 40m and 80m for Winlink with both Windows 10 and a Raspberry Pi. (Inquiring minds have asked)

Tim
SNJWW NCS

Board footera