Southern New Jersey Section EmComm

Share EmComm: Ideas; Problems; Solutions & Questions -- Section-wide & Beyond

This forum is open to anyone, anywhere.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/01/2022 5:31 am  #1

Week #78 Receive Radio Only Messages

GM, Operators.

Welcome to Week #78. Last week you sent a Radio Only message to me. This time I going to send an RO message to you.

To receive a Radio Only Message, you must first register at least one Radio Only MPS (Message Pickup Station). This will tell the Hybrid Network where you will pick up your RO traffic.

Open Winlink Express, click on Settings and select Hybrid Network Parameters.

[img][/img]

Click on Update List of RMS available as MPS.

Then click on Display List of RMS available as MPS. Choose 1 to 3 MPS and type their callsign in the boxes on the left. If possible, choose MPS that you have used for RMS (regular Winlink message) successfully in the past. Once you have picked your MPS, click on Queue Radio Message to Register My MPS. This will automatically generate a message in your Outbox. Open a regular Winlink session to send the email to the Winlink System. Do not open a Radio Only Session yet. It will take approximately 24 hours for you registered MPS to be associated with your Winlink account.
[NOTE: If you’d like, you can register your MPS choices via the internet. The choice is yours.]

There is a box in the Hybrid Network Parameters window where you can put an email address. It can be a regular or Winlink email address. The Winlink System will send a message to this address when you have Radio Only traffic waiting.

After 24 hours, send a Winlink Check-in form to SNJOEM. (This will be a regular Winlink message, not Radio Only.) In the Comment Section list the MPS that you registered.
Within 36 hours of receiving your check-in, I will send a Radio Only message to you. I will do this via one of your MPS if possible.

Please keep in mind: You will NOT be sending any Radio Only messages this week. Hopefully, if all goes according to plan, you will receive one from me. When you pick up your message, it should generate an RO ACK to send back to me. Just in case I don’t get it: Please send me a regular Winlink email to let me know whether or not you got my message.

And that’s it.

Thanks again to Reiner N2PEZ for helping to put our Radio Only exercises together. Please let us know if I’ve missed anything.
Have fun.
Tim
SNJOEM

PS: I know some of you are unable to work with Radio Only messages. We'll get back to regular Winlink sessions next week.

Board footera