Southern New Jersey Section EmComm

Share EmComm: Ideas; Problems; Solutions & Questions -- Section-wide & Beyond

This forum is open to anyone, anywhere.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/22/2022 5:33 pm  #1

Week #64 SPOTREP-2: Mapping a Power Outage

GE, Operators.

Welcome to Week #64 of the SNJ Winlink Wednesday Net.

We’re going to finish up with Map Generating this time out.

Open a new Winlink message and click on Select Template/Standard Templates. There is a folder about halfway down the list called: MAPPING-GIS FORMS. This is a list of all the “map capable” forms, in one convenient place.
Please fill out a SPOTREP-2 form using the following criteria: If the last number of your street address is odd, use the answers in the ODD column. If it’s even, use the EVEN column.

[img][/img]

Find your callsign on the list below and send your SPOTREP to the next three operators after it.
(If you don’t receive three reports, let me know and I’ll send however many you need ASAP.)

Open the reports in your inbox and then generate a map of the sender’s locations. In the map window, you will notice a button labeled Set Filters in the upper left corner. Click on it. A window will open up that offers different mapping options. Feel free to mess with them on your own, but for this week’s exercise we’re going to map a power outage. Go to “Commercial Power functioning”. In the Select Value column, click on its drop-down menu and select NO. Check the box in the Mark Red column. Click on the Save button down at the bottom. This will return you to your map. Now any reporting stations without power should have RED pins. Stations with power will remain BLUE.

KD2DVW

NJ2N

KD2LBV

NC1A

N2PEZ

N8VAR

KC5VKG

KD2FFR

KD2SPJ

AI0IA

KC3QLX

NY3J

NC9W

AE5ME

N2MHO

K5ANP

KB5ILY

N4DPH

AI3KS

DC7RF

KG7WFQ

WX2NJ

W0HU

WJ3P

WB2ALJ

KD2NEC

Let me know if you’re not on the list.

Please send a Winlink Check-in Form to SNJOEM. Include the three stations that you sent your SPOTREP to.

Have fun!

Tim
SNJOEM

Board footera