Southern New Jersey Section EmComm

Share EmComm: Ideas; Problems; Solutions & Questions -- Section-wide & Beyond

This forum is open to anyone, anywhere.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/09/2021 8:12 pm  #1

Week #49 WL2K_MOBILES Catalog Request

GE, Operators.

Welcome to Week #49 of the SNJ Winlink Wednesday Net.

We’re going to expand on last week’s Winlink Catalog Request exercise. (Settings/Winlink Catalog Requests/WL2K_USERS)

This time you’re going to request “Mobile user posting reports in the last 30 days” (WL2K_MOBILES)
Double Click on it and it should appear in the Selection pane on the right side of the window. Click Post Request to move your request to the Outbox. Open the Winlink session of your choice to send the request. Wait 15 minutes and open another session to retrieve your results.

Now you should have a list of all the operators that have used Winlink in the past month, listed by their distance from your station.  You’re halfway there.

Now look up NJ2N (my callsign) on QRZ (https://www.qrz.com/db/nj2n). Under the Details tab you will find the distance from your station to mine. Use that distance to help you locate my callsign on your WL2K_MOBILES list. (Or you can just scroll down the list to try and find me.) Follow the instructions in the comment field of my position report.

That’s it.
You’ll have to trust that there’s a method to my madness.

Have fun!
Tim
SNJOEM

11/10/2021 5:56 pm  #2

Re: Week #49 WL2K_MOBILES Catalog Request

Per QRZ, I am 2421 miles from you.  The position report truncates at 2030 miles, so I can't access your report.  Can you send me the information:  johndsullivan@comcast.net or KG7WFQ@winlink.org

Board footera