Southern New Jersey Section EmComm

Share EmComm: Ideas; Problems; Solutions & Questions -- Section-wide & Beyond

This forum is open to anyone, anywhere.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/29/2021 7:33 pm  #1

Week #30 ICS205 Incident Communications Plan

GE, Operators.

I hope this week's exercise is easier for you than it was for me (It will be)

This week we're going to tackle an ICS205 Incident Communications Plan.

Here's the deal...

You are working at the EOC and a new shelter has just been opened across town, with fresh radio operators. You've been tasked to send an ICS205 to them.  In an amazing example of foresight, the county's ARES EC, stationed at the EOC, has recorded the frequencies on a spreadsheet. He, or she, gives you access to said spreadsheet. Download it here: https://groups.io/g/SNJEMCOM/files/SNJ%20WINLINK%20WEDNESDAY%2030.xlsx

Here's where it gets neat...
Open an ICS205 in Winlink. (Select Template/Standard Templates/ICS USA Forms/ICS205- 10 Rows)
Fill in the Header and Footer with the information in the attached PNG file at the bottom of this message.
For the frequencies: Open the spreadsheet; select Columns A-J, down to Row 7 and copy them in one chunk to your Clipboard. (Columns A & B are empty, but copy them anyway)
Back on your Winlink ICS205 10 Row, at the top of Box 4, Click on Paste Channel Data from Spreadsheet. A small window will pop up. Paste Columns A-J into it from your clipboard. The click on the Parse Data button.
All the frequency information should magically appear in the correct boxes on the Winlink form. If they don't, you're going to be stuck typing the info from the PNG or Cut and Pasting by hand.
Please send the ICS205 to SNJARC. And put This is a Drill in there somewhere.
[NOTE: I tested this using both MS EXCEL and Apache Open Office]

And that's it. This is a lot easier than trying to type everything in error-free.

Good luck. Feel free to send any comments to me at my ARRL email (NJ2N)

Tim
SNJARC

Board footera