Southern New Jersey Section EmComm

Share EmComm: Ideas; Problems; Solutions & Questions -- Section-wide

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/27/2020 10:14 am  #1

And FLMSG bug report...

Hey, All.

Last nite, during the Ocean County ARES Digital Training Net, Glen KD2FFR was having problems inserting ARL messages into his radiograms using AndFLMSG Version 1.3.7 (IIRC)

It turns out that my three Android devices all have different versions of the software, so I was able to compare their performance to isolate Glen's problem.
I have the same issues using Version 1.3.7, but earlier versions work fine. I've had no other problems with this version using other forms. If you are concerned about inserting ARL messages in radiograms, I'd suggest going to Sourceforge and downloading an older version APK file to your device/s. Or just sit tight and wait for more details. The choice is yours.

I'm still checking to see if this bug has been reported to the developer.

Tim
NJ2N

3/30/2020 10:47 am  #2

Re: And FLMSG bug report...

Tim,

You may have seen this already, but a new version of AndFlmsg has been released. Perhaps you can test it to see if the bug persists. I was testing 1.3.7 yesterday and I was able to insert ARL messages and transmit them, so it may be intermittent. 

Version 1.3.9 is now available at: http://www.w1hkj.com/files/AndFlmsg/

What is new in version 1.3.9:
- Fix bug introduced by a change of Android’s permission in version 8. This would cause the “Share” function to fail in some cases.
- Changed notification Icon to allow for proper display (it would appear as a white square on newer Android systems).
- Minor code clean-ups.

Board footera