Southern New Jersey Section EmComm

Share EmComm: Ideas; Problems; Solutions & Questions -- Section-wide & Beyond

This forum is open to anyone, anywhere.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/18/2021 5:27 pm  #1

Week #24 ICS309 Basic Familiarity (See Week 43 for Advanced)

GE, Operators.

Welp, it’s Week #24 of the SNJ Winlink Wednesday. 6 months. That’s pretty amazing.

For this week’s net I figured that we’ll tackle the ICS309 form. Some of you may already know how to “generate” PDF versions of them in Winlink (look under the Message Tab, toward the bottom). But that’s not how, or why, we’re going to send them this time.

I’ve noticed that there can be some confusion between ICS309s and ICS214s. The 309 is a log of radio traffic handled by a particular station. The 214, on the other hand, records significant events that happen at a particular location. These events are not necessarily “on air”.  For example: Shift changes; an operator goes on a break; power comes back on; etc…

Please transcribe the attached ICS309 (follow the link at the bottom of this page) into a Winlink ICS309 (Select Template/Standard Templates/ICS USA Forms/ICS309)

You can “cut and paste” the contents from my form to yours. I just want everyone to see what’s supposed to be on an  ICS309.

Please include your Name and Callsign in your form. Send your message to: SNJOEM

Have fun!
Tim
SNJWW NCS

https://groups.io/g/SNJEMCOM/files/ICS-309%20SNJWW.pdf

Board footera