Southern New Jersey Section EmComm

Share EmComm: Ideas; Problems; Solutions & Questions -- Section-wide & Beyond

This forum is open to anyone, anywhere.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/05/2022 5:04 am  #1

Week #96 GENERATE ICS309/CSV

GM, Operators.

Welcome to Week #96.

I hope everyone that participated had a successful SET.

I like to thank those of you that sent in ICS214s for last week’s exercise. They were very entertaining.

This week we’re going to do something that I wish we had done before the SET. I may have come in handy for operators that both logged ICS309s and passed Winlink traffic. Most of you already know that Winlink will generate a PDF version of the ICS309, covering any date range you choose. Unfortunately, PDFs can be a little large at times – especially on HF. If this poses problem for you or your group, you can generate a CSV file instead. And this can be loaded into a Winlink ICS309 form, which is smaller and easier to send.

First, generate the CSV file. (Messages/Generate ICS309 Log)
Choose what data you would like to include in your form in Select Message Mailboxes section.k
Pick your date range and fill out the rest as you wish. Click on Generate CSV File. (Try to have at least 5-10 entries for the file)
In the window that pops up, select which columns you want to recreate and set the delimiter to Comma. Decide where you want the CSV file to be stored and click on the Generate CSV File button at the bottom.
Open the CSV file and copy the log information, starting a the Time Box. If you include the Message ID the data won’t line up with the boxes in the form correctly.
Now open an ICS309 form. Select Paste Data from Spreadsheet and paste your data into the pop up box. Scroll down and click on Parse Data. Your log should now miraculously appear in the ICS309. If things don’t line up right, fiddle around with how you copy the data until it does.
NOTE: Do not worry if the Time/Date boxes in your CSV show #########. Just copy it as is and the times and dates should show up in the form as numbers.

Use the Set Up button at the top of the form to add SNJ Winlink Wednesday.

In the Header:
Task Number: 202210-001
Operational Period 001
Incident Name: The name of the logged information’s exercise or net. If your data is simply Winlink Messages put Winlink Traffic and the date range of the data.

Send your completed form to: SNJOEM

That’s it. Have fun!

Tim
SNJOEM

Board footera