Southern New Jersey Section EmComm

Share EmComm: Ideas; Problems; Solutions & Questions -- Section-wide & Beyond

This forum is open to anyone, anywhere.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/29/2022 6:35 pm  #1

Week #69 Preview Messages Before Downloading

GE, Operators.
Welcome to Week #69.

We’re going to try a different way to download your messages this week. During an emergency, if a lot of traffic is coming in, you might want to save time by prioritizing which messages you download – and when. This could save time and keep the RMS nodes from getting too congested.

It’s easy to set up:
Open Winlink Express. Click on Settings in the upper left. Click on Preferences in the drop-down menu. Select the box for Display list of pending incoming messages prior to download. Click on the Update button at the bottom and you’re done.

To try it out, I’d like you to send a Local Weather Report form to the next three operators that follow your callsign on the list below.
After you’ve downloaded your incoming messages, please send a Winlink Check-in Form to SNJWW and let me know how you did and if it might be useful for you. If not, just uncheck the box and click Update again.
This has helped me out several times when WW traffic came in during a local training net. It allowed me to focus on the net's traffic and save the WW traffic for later.

As always…. Have fun!
Tim
SNJWW
PS: If your callsign is not listed, email me at: NJ2N at arrl dot net.

KD2DVW

KD2LBV

NC1A

N2PEZ

N8VAR

KC3SDA

KC5VKG

KD2FFR

KD2SPJ

AI0IA

KC3QLX

NY3J